Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Mystery lost

Erm, couldn't thought that a single post on someone else's post made me wanna blog...

Well, a decision was made tonight by Lase on her blog, Legoland. She simply wanted to come clear about herself, and not hiding behind the moniker of "Legolase" anymore. She said there'll be no more lies and bullshit and she personally welcomes people to go and talk to her. She basically wanted to write more about herself and her life more often.

Reading that, I felt two opposite opinions: One is that it's good to come out behind the Legolase. I guess it's time for her to be more frank in blogging. She wants to open herself to the world, and somehow I welcome her effort. She even wants to post pictures of herself (but fearing she would be viewed as perasan). Basically she wants her blog to be all about her, not Legolase.

The other opinion is that I'm not that okay with that decision. I know la that I don't have a say in her opinions. Her words are hers alone. I could only watch and give ringside comments only. Of course she can do whatever she damn well can. But somehow, I feel that she's making a mistake by opening up her life.

Somehow, I feel that this move will make the mystery that is Legolase disappear. To me, Legolase is a mysterious dame. She is the mystery, her surroundings are a mystery, and she lives off the mystery. She could even be a princess in some secret country, and nobody would know about that. Legolase is Legolase, blogging off her webspace with that (godawful) live action Sailormoon banner.

Of course la I know Legolase personally. She's been a great companion during those lazy hazy days in MMU. She's stubborn to the core, and strong-willed too. We socialize during those EMiNA days, which reminds me that she has great leadership quality that is evident after I left MMU. I remembered the time I announced my resignation in front of the EMiNA bigshots, and that she remained silent and looking down at the floor. I asked her later why, and she said she was too emotional to say anything at that time.

Even untill now, I value Lase as a great friend and confidant. She is the shoulder whom I cry to when I have the problems. She finds me personally to whine, because she knows me. I find her because I know her.

But all those communications were done without us being face-to-face. Except for a few precious moments where met f2f, the rest was done electronically. We talked all the time, online. We chatted about stuff using IMs or through the forums. Topics were discussed and argued in cyberspace. I remembered during the Long Post Wars, each sides had lots of material and each typed like there's no tomorrow.

I whined to her in the IMs. I let out my frustrations to her, and she consoled me. She finds me to whine about stuff, and I talked to her. All this was done under the cover of cyberspace. She was just Legolase, and I was just Syaoran. Pseudonyms for two persons who rarely see each other. With the rarity, comes the aura of mystery. Who knows what Lase looks like when I whine to her? What's her nonverbal expression? Is she annoyed? Is she smiling?

Thus, when the decision to open up came, I felt this more than I felt the other polar opinion. She is likely to lose her mystery. She is likely to lose Legolase, the crazy girl who likes Legolas the elf so much.

Ah, I'm venting all this for nothing. I respect her decision to open up. She don't need my final words to do anything. She can do what the hell she wants. I'll be here supporting her in the shadows, as I always am.

I guess I'm saying all this because I don't want to do that same thing. I'm saying all this to hide the admiration and the proudness I have for her having the balls to open up.

She is one in a million, after all.

Legolase, I salute you. You have my full support. I will be watching your back from the shadows like I've always been all this time. If you need someone to whine or to talk to, I am always here. Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me.

*sniff*

26 Comments:

  At Fri Mar 04, 09:56:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Wow...
This is the kind of blog that you really can't say anything. This is between them.
Lase should be here as 1st poster, after all this is a tribute for her.
I don't know her for long but i think that she is brilliant. and because of that she will be always have an aura of mystery.
What she actually write will only show a part of her not her as a whole.
Syaoran, a woman does not lose her mystery just like that. No matter how open she is. Trust me.
Good luck Lase. May your days be merry and fine.
I salute you.
*eyes shining*wind blowing*
----------------------------
on a lighter note, what is otak-otak?

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:13:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

I'm losing my grip. Either that or Pablo is stuck refreshing this blog every second. >_<

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:17:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

OH! I tell you, brilliant! How did you know? *grin* Syaoran is incensed with me. Very easy to heckle.

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:21:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

>_< *kicks Syaoran*

Nyoooooo..... first and foremost, me never likes Legolas so much. Nyuuu....

Me will always be me. With or without opening, I'm still a mystery. Nyehahahaa.... live with it. Too bad. :p

BTW, since you publicly opened this blog, can I add the link at mine? :D

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:23:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Shit, Pablo does visit here every second. >_<

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:26:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Btw.... the banner does not suck that much does it? >_< Bear with it for the moment, ne? Helping promote it nyo...

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:32:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

no i don't visit every second! Just a few minute or so...;)

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:35:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Well d banner is rather catchy...its not too bad.

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:43:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Syaoran said: unholy combination of lase and pablo...that could mean disaster for me. Hi,Lase.
*end of message*
----------------------
so, what will you be known as in your new blog?

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:54:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Eh? Was that Syaoran posting under Pablo? >_< Me ish blur.

Me ish still known as Legolase lah. >_> And there is no new blog.

  At Fri Mar 04, 10:59:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Syaoran is offline. He's heckling me through sms. He said to say hi. You is not blur.

  At Fri Mar 04, 11:16:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Nasi minyak is what? What is the difference between nasi lemak, nasi kandar,nasi beriani, nasi beriani, nasi padang, nasi paprik?

  At Sat Mar 05, 12:12:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Forgot to reply about the otak-otak as well. Otak-otak is fish paste and some chilly sauce mixed together and baked.

Nasi minyak is butter rice. Nasi minyak is coconut rice. Nasi kandar is normal rice but they pour some nice sauce (kuah) on it. Nasi beriani is colourful (usually). Nasi paprik is plain rice with a dish called paprik. Duno what is nasi padang. Or did you mean nasi dagang?

  At Sat Mar 05, 03:47:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

14 post, already?!

what the heck, a reply every few minutes?!

You guys need to get a life dammit!

Just for the record - All the rice mentioned by lase rox0r. I'd hit it. In a good way.

link dump:

http://aimostudio.com/

  At Sat Mar 05, 05:32:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Syaoran said...

Ibanez, the girls really took over the place. Now to fire up the nuclear firecracker to purge all this...

All the nasik? w00tage. I'd hit it, too. Nasik dagang (or commonly known as "nasee da'gee") is one you might say an ultra-nasik lemak in blue. very high content in santan, and best coupled with gulai ikan..shit, i forgot the ikan. Ikan tembakul? ikan tongkol? Ah, ikan tongkol. Best place to have it? Arau train station, just before you board your train in the petang. Usually, by the time i get there, the nasik's already sold out... =(

Hey, what I wrote up there was my expression to you. I just opened up my heart on the opinion and words come pouring out. As a sidenote (and convinently talking about nasiks), Lase and I had a promise where she'll be there when nasik minyak will be served. In tokyo even.

Er, you do know when nasik minyak is served, right?

Well, back to the promise. To me, it is a poignant point in our relationship, no matter how trivial it seems.

I'm sorry the post made you emotional, Lase. As somebody said, "Cheer up, emo kid." :P

But seriously, all that was my heart poured down. you'd never get to see this rare occasion, like, ever. Lucky you.

  At Sun Mar 06, 01:31:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Paprik is a dish? Gulai is what?
------------------------------
Nasi minyak is served during.....engagement? Hmm..marriege?
------------------------------
One day I must reach 25 post per hour....just to see your reaction...
------------------------------
Ibanez- you're a GUITAR? Yep this is my life..spamming people. If you have an inbox that needs spamming, just tell me.
------------------------------
Its what happen when I'm bored and free...

  At Sun Mar 06, 01:40:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Nasi kuning is what?
----------------------
Watched t.v and saw Istana Arau. Do people really sit like that there for hours?

  At Sun Mar 06, 01:41:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

who said that?

  At Sun Mar 06, 01:45:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Really pushing it! Spam galore.
--------------------------
Yes, i do have a life, but its on hold
--------------------------
Went to Dataran Merdeka and saw lots of kids there at 10.30 p.m?! I thought its dangerous there but this....weird.

  At Sun Mar 06, 01:47:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Yay! 21 comments. But I'm sleepy already. looks like I'll have to go before i reach 25 post..darn it!

  At Sun Mar 06, 02:15:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

Yay, syaoran gonna sponsor us plane tickets to japan. Hurrah! XD

*where's the saitama ascii when you need 'em*

gulai = curry~

@pabs: yep. one of the best guitar ever built. But that's not the reason I chose it as part of my handle. It was actually from Starship Troopers.

Carmen Ibanez - I really like her guts and attitude. No, not the one in the Verhoeven's movie; the original novel by Robert Heinlein.

Look at the bright side: at least I didn't use Rico as part of my handle. Ricomf. Pfft! That sounds really gay.

So far only one guy managed to guess it right. A geek with hot babe. I'm so gonna kill that guy.

  At Sun Mar 06, 03:19:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Syaoran said...

Lase, lase, lase.
Pablo, pablo, pablo.

Damn these girls...hijacking the comment box...And I don't have enough angst to post a new blog entry even....

Meh.

  At Sun Mar 06, 03:37:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

We did not hijack anything! We just marking territory. :)

  At Sun Mar 06, 03:51:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

ibanez= oh.......

  At Sun Mar 06, 07:45:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Hey... I did not post as much as Pablo ya know? It's like 11 posts before my last post. *uses Windy card to blow Syaoran away* That's what you get for tuduh-ing me. Nyeahhaha....

EVeryone stop with the food, ok? I'm trying to restrain myself from eating more than I should. >_< Bah. No support here ka? :p

BTW, Syaoran's gonne love my latest update. :p