Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

CNY wishes and other news


Image CGed by Lase and drawn by Lase's friend who I don't really know.

Well, GongXiFaChai for for my readers who think he or she should celebrate this new year celebration. I'd celebrate it, but alas, it's not my celebration for me to celebrate. But who the frelck cares. I'm gonna celebrate is like it's mine. :P

Meh, a few parsecs ago, I was arguing the word "cute" with Lase herself. I forgot the meat of the argument, but it settled amiacably. :p

Erm, okay, now I'm gonna settle down and start blogging like there's no tomorrow. (Actually, there's a pasar malam just outside of the CC and it's really tempting...)

Gundam Seed on TV2: Oh yeah, people. I don't know if you people know it, but Gundam Seed is officially on Malaysian TV. I guess it took over the DBGT timeslot. (Thank god the horrid show is gone.) It's at 9.30am Sunday. And of course it's dubbed. But somehow the dub's kinda okay. Shin-chan's mum played Captain Ramiasu, if I remember correctly.

To tell ya the truth, I'm actually pro-dub when it comes to anime in Malaysia. At least it gives a chance for anime to flourish in Malaysia. Of course when I mean flourish I'm not looking at the anime dvd market that Malaysia has enjoyed so much. I'm looking forward for the time where new anime (and good) anime is well-known among the regular tv viewers, and not just the dvd-enabled consumer. I just wish that more anime comes to Malaysia. And I don't care if it's dubbed.

Kudos for TV2 for bringing Gundam Seed into the air. Somehow, I wished that TV3 should've been the one who picked it up, but I guess they're having their hands full with Detective Conan and Naruto (303 and 119 respectively, and both still ongoing.) Whatever which TV station or whatever anime titles that gets shown on TV, I'll be rooting for it.

Just as long as they don't do horrible edits on it. (Hollywood Mew Mew? CardcaptorSSS??)

Next on the news is...

I was broke: Hell yeah I was broke. No money in my pocket. Plus it was the start of the weekend. I couldn't have anything good to eat. I tried skimping my meals. Ate thosai for brunch/lunch, hoping that it could stave off the hunger. It didn't It's just ultra-thin pancake fer crying out loud! It's not a good energy-food!

So with my last pocket money, I bought wholemeal bread (they say it converts into energy much slower, which is a good thing), some kaya, and a pack of instant ramen for my weekend food. Thankfully I had my head overwhelmed with food, which is a good thing. So I just focused on work, and until the hunger pangs hit, I just ate the bread with kaya. Pa-thetic.

Yesh, yesh. I did call the Central Government up north. They'll send money on Monday. And now I got some money, so now I could guiltlessly burn it on pasar malam grub. Heh heh.

Oh come on, I'm not that stupid.

Upcoming boredom this CNY: Of course it's CNY, it means that most of the stores are gonna close up for the holidays. And some say, until Sunday. Which could only mean that boredom's gonna set in indefinitely.

But I guess I'm okay with it. I'm used to the skull-numbing boredom before. Of course not at a timeframe this long, but I could live. There's always some sort of savior in the horizon, mind you. There's always my relatives all around. I could just go there and just live off the free food until school reopens. Or there's Malacca, where I could just run down south and wreak havoc.

But I digress. I'd rather face boredom than doing illegal stuff.

Argh, the pasar malam tentacles are gripping at my ankles already! I couldn't help it anymore! Help! Helpp..........

15 Comments:

  At Tue Feb 08, 03:30:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

Now that both GS and Naruto have been licensed in Malaysia, I wonder if the Narutards and erm, their G-counterparts(what do you call GS otaku again?), gonna stop downloading it.

Let see how hypocrite can people be...

Action speaks louder than words.

  At Tue Feb 08, 03:37:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

Oh, and a Happy New Year to the Chinese(CNY) and not forgetting the Muslim(Muharram)too.

  At Tue Feb 08, 11:11:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!

Watashi no first post....

Eto... GS... G SEEDers? LOL

Happy CNY to everyone (we're multi racial country) and Happy Awal Muharam to everyone as well. ^_^

  At Tue Feb 08, 11:13:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Datang rumah nyo~! If you want ang pao. Hahahaha....

  At Wed Feb 09, 12:21:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  At Wed Feb 09, 12:21:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

erk, I'll be on the land, far, faraway at that day. Can bank-in, ah? Kowtim! XD

  At Wed Feb 09, 05:20:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

*points up*

Ne.... why delete the post?

Muahahaa.... it's cash on site so... no come, no cash. =P

  At Thu Feb 10, 02:17:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Syaoran said...

Happy 2nd day CNY. Wah~ I want angpow too...nak dui~t.

  At Thu Feb 10, 09:06:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Nak duit datang rumah nyo~! Ade ang pao siap kat sini. =P

Syaoran: Me got improve the CG a little bit (added some simple background colouring) so later me siap kalau nak mintak ye~!

  At Fri Feb 11, 12:11:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Hey boss! Finally found ur blog! Dammit, is that the way u spell shaoran?! Gotta hand it to u boss, u haf an eloquent but dirty tongue in your mind. U like card captor? U read Resuovoir Chronicles? Neway Hepi Chinese New Year! N Awal Muharram 2. Hey I got d same model of hp, so ease off! I like it {though i miss d ol one that could send viruses T-T). Like ur blog btw. Sign me up 4 ur fan club! Ha ha. U know me...n 2 remind u here's a hint...coconut shaver face!He he Gotta go.Babai.[delete if u wan 2. Just wanna say hi only]
Oh.B4 i go, i really wish they could just show Fullmetal alchemist. DBGT was only HALF written by Akira Toriyama that's y it sucks and they cancelled it without a finale i think. Gundam seed is cute but not as pretty as Gundam Endless Waltz. I would rather have the show with subtitles rather than dubbed. Its d**n hilarious d way they do it here.Spoils d mood. Uh oh i said enuff already. babai!!!

  At Sat Sep 09, 01:25:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://vpcciaij.com/onpl/rhts.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tluojwuy.com/azdd/bqyg.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Sat Sep 09, 01:25:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Sat Sep 09, 01:26:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://vpcciaij.com/onpl/rhts.html | http://azmteawr.com/gsyd/kaff.html

  At Wed Nov 14, 02:31:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] [url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/ I love this handbag, case the main one I need!

Couldn't think how quickly you shipped this particular! Excellent product. Thank you!!!

I had been very pleased with my purchase and every thing came right on time, many thanks!

Extremely vendor with quality, good support and conversation. Very fast delivery, exactly as described as well as described, great item, happy!