Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

In the hallowed halls

Went to PC Fair Day 1 today. Went with Pablo and her 'sister' Kak Nana. As expected, LOADs of people thronged the place.

Oh, the place. Damn, I'm lovin' the Convention Center. got a perfect ten on the Pergh-o-meter. The columnless gigantic halls are an architecture wonder.

And damn, the fair spans FIVE (+1) halls. That's one ballroom on the 3rd floor, and five halls on the ground floor, basically the whole floorspace of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. Thank God I had the foresight to wear my sandals.

Let's cut to the chase and list out our spending spree for day one: One (1) refurbished Fujitsu Laptop, RM1499. One (1) 256mb mp3 thumbdrive, RM99. Two (2) 256mb Kingston thumbdrives, RM69 x2. Two (2) boxes of Esyink printer inks, RM60 + RM55. Who owns which items, I'm not gonna say.

But what I'm gonna say is this: I didn't buy anything. Not one thing. Weird. I'm a bit miffed and resentful about not getting myself anything at all over there. I mean, c'mon. You're at the biggest tech fair in the country, and you didn't get yourself anything.

But actually, I'm okay with it. I know the reasons why I didn't get anything myself. I also know that I'm very content with what I have right now.

I have a good system back home. My PC's doing well, thank you. I don't need some GeForce or Radeon to spice up my PC. I don't need a new processor, my P3's doin' fine. Personal entertainment? I'm gonna get a 128mb mp3 player next week, free of charge. Somebody's gonna give it to me. All in all, I'm content with what I have, and what I will have.

Of course, when it comes to basic instinct, I am dissapointed that I won't have a laptop anytime soon. But I'm not bitter over that. When I think back, it might have been a blessing in disguise.
So how is it, being inside a humongous hall full of tech and not buying anything?


Somehow, it feels like I'm a kid inside Toys 'r' Us, and can't even touch a thing, 'cause I know what and why I can't touch those things. Sad, but in the long run, I'm kinda okay.

Well, see ya at day 2 then.

What?! Day 2? Yes, I'm gonna go there again. Hopefully we could meet Ibanez. See ya there.

7 Comments:

  At Sat Aug 06, 09:05:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Jin will be there on Sunday. I'll ask him to say hi to you on my behalf if he sees you.

Oh, I'm going to KL on that same day too but sadly not for PC fair... dun think I can run off with Jin to KLCC. :( So I'll be left behind doing what we went to KL to do... some EMiNA stuff.

Gah I wanna meet you guys again~!!!

  At Sun Aug 07, 12:15:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Me ish wanna see you too~~!

Tomorrow last day. I'm going to KLCC too but not the PC fair. Some meeting there...

Lase is well enough to travel? Take care Onee-chan.

  At Mon Aug 08, 12:07:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

I thought I could recover by then cos it was 2 weeks since I agreed to go to KL.

But I've not fully recovered.

And I so hate KL.

I always get sick when I go to KL (this time, cos I was sick, I got sicker :p )

T__T

  At Mon Aug 08, 01:19:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

the haze here is not helping my eyesight.
bleah.
and my breathing.

have started to cough. *sigh*

  At Sat Nov 04, 10:38:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://uadbvlzd.com/ocbo/rdvi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tvuzhpmf.com/mdwh/iogf.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Sat Nov 04, 10:38:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://uadbvlzd.com/ocbo/rdvi.html | http://iphdnssw.com/rbxa/baxw.html