Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

"Tiket kanak-kanak"

Things to get off my chest: Lase, will you stop saying about you're fat etcetera? 'Cos you don't look that fat. Never was. The same words apply to Pablo. Aiyoh, you girls... It's like there's nothing on their minds except "OMG IM FAT T_T". Aih. Oh, sorry for the outburst.

#2: Lase, sorry for not giving you any birthday *insert item here*. You have a right to be dissapointed at me. I got a scolding from Pabs after she found out. But somehow, I kinda figured I already gave a present to you: Pablo. Too bad you couldn't take her back home and keep her.

Ibanez: Yeah, sayang you couldn't be there. Bon Odori brings back those memories of old, especially the people. Meeting some of the boys (Otter, thelws, Omega), I somehow half-expected to see the rest of the old boys. *sniff*, sigh, the good ol' days.

Well, let's leave the memories in the folder. In time, I'll talk about them once more, if I get nostalgic. Besides, it's hard to type up stuff when you got something in the eyes.

Now we move on to the meat of the blog.

Kangar and Shah Alam are two worlds apart, right? The same can be said to Perlis and KL. Basically Kangar is my hometown, and Shah Alam is some faraway place, where I study.

When it comes to Public transporation (i.e. a bus), I'm deathly scared of Kangar's public buses. On the other hand, I'm completely comfortable with KL's public transport system. Weird.

Let's put up some case studies: In Kangar, I don't know which bus goes to Putra Palace, which is quite nearby to my house. Let's put up some numbers: Distance from the bus station to Putra Palace, approximately 2km. Distance from Putra Palace to my house, less than 1km away. Approximate number of buses that pass through Putra Palace, 75-80% of the whole town bus fleet. Even with that percentage and that small of a distance, I managed to get on the wrong bus and had to call the calvary once I realized I was in the middle of nowhere. In my own hometown. Keep in mind, that was during my younger days, where I was still eligible for the "kanak-kanak" ticket.

Compare that to what I did today. From Shah Alam, I confidently hopped on the bus to KL, and took another bus to Bandar Utama, which I felt was quite a distance. All by myself. For the first time.

Yes, yes, to the KL people out there, "Bandar Utama ain't that far!" Like I said, it FELT far enough.

It was a small and personal victory on my part. On the trip back home, I somehow went back in time and remembered the time when I was afraid to take a bus, and when I did, it was the wrong one. I wonder, what would my younger self say if he knew that I can do things like that confidently.

He might've been proud of me. A scared young kid, getting on the bus for the first time. If he knew what his future was in store for him, he would've conquered his fears and would've gotten on a bus, regardless where the destination was, and not afraid if it went the wrong way.

Once a traveller, always a traveller.

15 Comments:

  At Sun Jul 24, 12:17:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

ichiban

  At Sun Jul 24, 12:22:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

And... no, I don't think I whine about being fat too many times.

BUT...

That picture... that one picture... made me look seriously damn freaking fat lah wei. Even ibanez agreeed. No way anyone can deny lah. Sheeeeeeet lah wei. Sigh....

*runs off to check her own photos*

/phew

At least I don't look fat in those... so yeah, I'm thinking it's that one particular photo which made me look seriously damn bloody fat and don't deny it please, k? ;P

  At Sun Jul 24, 08:37:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

:P

cannot compare you la lase... i donno what you look like before.

You don look bad to me though. During that time, even though i do have bad night vision XP

  At Sun Jul 24, 08:38:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

I don't whine about that all the time either.

So, there.
:P

  At Sun Jul 24, 09:30:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Pablo: Isshoni bantai Syaoran for saying we whine a lot.

/bantai

Oh, and look at this picture... I think I look less fat compared to the one Syaoran posted.

http://emina.mmu.edu.my/images/gallery/Bon_Odori_05/Bon%20Odori%202005%20024_resize.jpg

And that's my anak if you wanna know. XD

  At Sun Jul 24, 09:47:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

XP

Wahh~~~!! Cute ne your anak!! the little boy oso ah?

ne, ne, kawaii!!!

  At Sun Jul 24, 09:51:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Ooo...yaloh..

really different la the picture.

You look much much better in that one.

:)

  At Sun Jul 24, 09:52:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

/hit syaoran

Lase ask.

:p

  At Sun Jul 24, 11:30:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

(suddenly realized: Didn't comment on the post)

....

Oh well.

  At Sun Jul 24, 11:34:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Ok, ok.

Since you pointed it out to me that i'm blind as a bat when it comes to Geography, you might as well realize that i don't know where Bandar Utama is.

XP

Travel to Sabah one of these days. Then you'll understand how i feel everytime i go travelling here.

:P

  At Mon Jul 25, 12:19:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Lucky I'm quite ok with Melaka... may not know names or landmarks but I can get to most places. ^_^

  At Mon Jul 25, 09:00:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Pablo: Forgot to comment about my anak. Yes both are mine but the other one is not photogenic so I only took with one. ^_^ Plus, he's with the dad and I dun wan people to know my hubby now do I?

XD XD XD XD XD

And.... yay~! You agree I look better than the one syaoran posted.

/glares at Syaoran

Seeeeeeeee...????

:p

  At Sat Sep 16, 05:07:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://aydlqaaj.com/haaz/dpca.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://toehnpmh.com/mkic/cptk.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Sat Sep 16, 05:07:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Sat Sep 16, 05:08:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://aydlqaaj.com/haaz/dpca.html | http://opzehchs.com/sqfy/lrtp.html