Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Abandonware

5 days since a last update, and it already feels *that* long. Lase can do it in a longer time, why can't I do it too? :P

To tell ya the truth, I almost reached a point where I decided to take a break from blogging specifically, and from the internet, in general. Hell, I even photoshopped the banner to reflect my sabbatical from blogging.

At that time, I felt overwhelmed. Things aren't going right in Syaoran-land, be it about computer stuff, or social stuff. My pc's going bonkers (not a good thing), and I haven't fulfilled my social obligations. I'm losing it, and in turn, I felt I'm losing my mind.

Enter the decision for the sabbatical. I wrote up my decision, even made the sabbatical header, both ready for post. But before I posted it, I wanted to show someone first the write-up, as I consider this someone very important to me and I appreciate her very much.

Just so it happens, this certain someone can't go online on the day I finished the write-up. Fine. I postponed posting it until I get the chance to show it to that said person. I finally did show it to that someone, two full days later.

By that time, things have changed. The once-dried creative batteries I thought I was suffering, was slowly recharging back. The dark weh-weh mode I had was fading away. Re-reading the write-up, I saw a pathetic little prick, trying to find a quick getaway.He found it in the words "I quit." I wanted to abandon the blog. a quick way out, indeed.

By then I realized, what I needed wasn't a sabbatical, but a short breathing space for myself. I don't need to unplug and take a long walk along the beach (although I welcome that prospect) but instead I should just take some time to think about my own welfare. Back away from the comp, go meet friends, have a cuppa. A time for myself, a time for reflection, without the cheezy-looking resort advert images. Hahaha....

So in short, I realized that there's no need for a long vacation, just lots of short breather space for yourself. I also realized that a blog doesn't have to the about fancy pictures all the time; a blog is about the writing, what comes into the mind, and weaving the thoughts to make an entertaining read. I used to do that a long time ago.

Maybe I should take a walk along the beach and try to find it. :P

8 Comments:

  At Mon Jun 13, 12:39:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

abandonware? new virus? :?

kekekeke

  At Mon Jun 13, 09:26:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

lase could do it because she has a taggie...
(very heavy hint):P

  At Tue Jun 14, 01:25:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

it is not necessary to update your blog every few seconds. It's not like you're paid to blog.(that's an idea)

that being said, a taggie would be a great place for people like lase and pabs to hang out and spam. :P

Quality > Quantity?

now that you mentioned it, the previous 8 blogs indeed filled with pic in them. lol.

--------------------------------------

cis, sem break is almost over and i didn't get much rest either. =(

  At Tue Jun 14, 10:14:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

hey! if indeed you do have a taggie i wouldn't spam it. I swear! Scout's honour. *eye shining

/pst... Lase, back me up on this...LOL

heh, i consider my place as a house. with people coming over i might as well serve them cookies. ;)
but ibanez is right, you don't have to update the blog every few seconds.(just every few minutes :D just kidding)
---------------
only a few weeks to new sem.
oh, joy.

  At Wed Jun 15, 12:16:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

I'm not saying I can do it cos I got a taggie. I'm saying I can do it because I'm working now which hardly gives me enough time for my sleep even. So there. Taggie or not, it don't matter. But dun compare yourself to me cos you're having holidays and I'm working more than 10 hours a day.

  At Fri Sep 15, 09:20:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://xwocnjyr.com/ewyv/ramr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pdqdbnzi.com/wvfv/gzqo.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Fri Sep 15, 09:21:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Fri Sep 15, 09:21:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://xwocnjyr.com/ewyv/ramr.html | http://ptaarpyq.com/zznm/sqgk.html