Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Wish list and tsunamis

I'm gonna ask for a pre-apology to Ibanez, cos I'm gonna diss his wish list a bit. Just a bit.

Seeing his wish list, it makes me think of my own wish list, if I have one that is. I searched inside me, and found nothing resembling a wish list. Not even a top-ten list. Of course that doesn't include the "I want an iPod, I want a laptop!" cries, 'cause those cries are dismissed easily as childish or necessity (which is which, I don't know).

Then I studied back the concept of a wishlist, put it side-by-side with Ibanez's, and try to make up one for myself. Then I realized: My wish list ain't material, it's more of a emotional state, or at least non-material. Something I couldn't hold, but know that it's there.

To cut things short, here's the wishlist:
Good friends to have a rip-roaring supper with.
Someone I could really let my heart out to. Not lovey-dovey stuff, just someone to talk to.
Good rapport among peers close and far.
An okay reputation to my name, because I don't wanna ruin my family's name.

Erm...kinda short list, but that's the basics of it. I don't know how to elaborate further, 'cos there's a pasar malam roaring just outside of the CC, and my mind ain't on this blogging shit right now.

Sitting on it some more, it kinda feels like I'm insecure about something. The more I think about it the more I feel insecure about it and myself.

Oh yeah, the big news about the tsunami hitting our coasts. I really couldn't believe it until I saw the papers. My heart goes out to the victims and all. I wish I could be there and witness the catastrophe, and help out. Heck, it's my area for crying out loud. But I'm here, and nothing could be farther than here. It's botsh shock and awe for me to learn about the tidal waves hitting us. Guess that makes us vulnerable, innit? I bet the firebrand preacers gonna come out and say that We're been lagging in our religious duties, and this is what God gives us. or they could just shut up and learn from this international incident.

I dunno, this is way out of my league. I'm just a stupid boy who only thinks about friendship. How naive of me.

Okey-dokey, I'm gonna be moody for the rest of the night. Whee.

6 Comments:

  At Tue Dec 28, 12:09:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

First post. Bluek. Will double post later after I read.

  At Tue Dec 28, 12:11:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Ne, your wish list Santa cannot give. So classified under another type of wish list as compared to ibanezmf. I got a material and heart-erial wish list also. ;)

  At Tue Dec 28, 01:04:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Syaoran said...

Ain't anybody got a heart-terial wish?

Jeez, I guess it the end of the year thing and things can get REALLY moody around Syaoran-ville.

  At Tue Dec 28, 02:18:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Syaoran said...

You want a real wish list? I Wish I could f[bleep] A[bleep] right thru the a[bleep]. Ekekeke.

Politically correct my a[bleep]. Hehe.

  At Wed Aug 30, 06:16:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://xuxarfvm.com/swmv/xokr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wztsirez.com/csrh/vxej.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Wed Aug 30, 06:19:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://xuxarfvm.com/swmv/xokr.html | http://byeawjke.com/ddym/oaxu.html