Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Of failed trips and a stupid dinner event

At the behest of Pablo who's forcing me to blog, here I am, blogging again. (Gee, that sounds so sincere.)

Well, anyway, I wanted to blog. I haven't blog in ages, sial. Distracted, maa. There's a lot of stuff going on in my life, it's hard to get a bearing. And yes, you might point out to Pablo, my own classmate, and say, "see? She can update her blog regularly? Why can't you?" Uh, yeah.

Lessee, what's on the table of my life right now...

Oh yeah, I need to explain about the trip-that-wasn't-meant-to-be and calm Lase down (the comment box of the previous entry.) You see, we planned to go to Melaka (oh hey, it's this weekend pulak tu, damn) but there's a lot of stuff going on in school that's practically rendering us incapacitated to even think about Melaka. Sigh. School observation, for one thing, and don't mention the quizzes too. Sigh. And then there's this "supposed" dinner event that we have to go. I'll talk about it later.

But because of these hiccups, we just can't. Now it's just a pipe dream of ours. So at least let me tell about the dreams...

It's so simple, it's ridiculous. We're just gonna get an early bus to Melaka from shah Alam, and from here, lase will pick us up in her car. And we don't actually care if your car's aircon is busted, Lase. We love you, not your car. And then she'll just drive us around melaka, or maybe just giving a sight-seeing tour of MMU (as for me, it'll be a walk along memory lane, *sniff*). Hell, we don't care what you want to do with us, Lase (well, except for selling us to the slave traders for a quick buck. That's a no-no.) We just want to spend some quality (and yet short) time with Lase.

And even that is hard to get. Sigh. The plan ends simply again by getting 6pm bus back to Shah Alam. Now, don't you feel that it SOUNDS simple? Sigh. Maybe next time la. Next time.

So, a thousand apologies to Lase, for not being able to go to Melaka. We're sorry that we had to break the news to you on the comment box, no less. Insya-Allah, next time, expect to see me and Pablo in Melaka. Insya-Allah.

Next story is about the "supposed" dinner event.

Some of our 'mates in Class A wants to do a dinner event, and invited us to join in. For the first time, Pablo and I really didn't jump into that event. We were so wary and had bad feelings about this dinner event. We don't know why. The dinner is going be held in Klang Executive Club (KEC) and initially we had to pay RM50 for it. And it's supposed to be tonight (2nd October). The first time we heard that we have to pay 50 bucks, our hearts sank. Fifty bucks?! Crazy. Right there and then we said no, just because of the hefty pay. But the organizers relented and finally lowered the fee to 35 bucks, which is still hefty, IMO.

Sorry to say, the organizers are my Melaka classmates. I felt that it's kinda rude to say no to their invitation, because they are my friends and we were together, thick and thin, in Melaka. I finally relented and said yes. And I had to persuade Pablo too to join me, and we paid the 70 bucks. It was not an easy seventy bucks we had to fork out. we were having a ton of bad feelings as we handed the money. Jeez.

After a while, I found out that the organizers allowed outside people to come, as in by invitation la (like a girlfriend or boyfriend of somebody). It hadn't dawned to me yet at that time, that there will be outside eyes who will spy on us.

One of the people here, (jeez, i refered to him as "people." He was my classmate at Melaka fer chrissakes. I guess I'm detached from him already. Maybe I have detached myself from every one of my Melaka classmates. Oh well.) Back to the story. He has a girlfriend, but she's from Melaka Campus. And she's a genuine Largemouth Bass. As in she tells. Can't-keep-secrets kind of a girl. Sheesh. And I saw her just last night. Then it dawned to me why they had an open invitation to outsiders. It was then that I felt I didn't want to go to the dinner event.

I called Pablo and voiced out my concern. Incidentally she also feels that she doesn't want to go to the dinner too. Besides, it's in Klang. She hates that town. Actually, I hate that town too.

So here are we now, two would-be liars. We'll call the organizers just before our departure time and tell that we can't go because of last-minute stuff that's going on. And frankly, Pablo and I don't feel a bit guilty about lying to them, or that we'll burn our 70 bucks. We just don't want to go to the dinner event.

To summarize, let me list out why we don't want to go:
  • Bad feeling from day one
  • High cost
  • Outside people
  • Spies
  • Detached from old friends (?)
  • Hates Klang

I guess that's it. Call us liars. We don't care.

Oh, pablo's sitting next to me right now. She's just finished her CSS meeting. Say something, Pabs.

pabs: It was food testing la. Saw Koci for the first time. There's this three layered kuih that nobody knows the name of and is still figuring out what to call it. The first layer is tapioca, then pandan, then kaya and then pulut. I just call it...IT.
Ei? Why am I here? Gah!
That's for MY post....

...Cakap banyak la dia nih...sigh...

Picture dump:







4 Comments:

  At Sun Oct 02, 05:04:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Reading that post made me wanna cry. T_T

Anyways, no worries. Just tell me the next time you guys coming down, k? ^_^

Since it's morning till evening, most likely I got nothing to do. :) My weekend nights usually have to check though.

I dunno where to bring woh... we go MP or Tesco or both or somewhere else? Wakaranai desu nyo~!

  At Sat Oct 07, 04:28:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://kfgsngau.com/cssy/dtfp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kktcudkg.com/ridy/rgls.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Sat Oct 07, 04:29:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://kfgsngau.com/cssy/dtfp.html | http://riubzomt.com/idef/tkzw.html