Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Not long enough :p

I’m dead tired (as always) but I’ll try to blog anyway. There’s a lot to write about, especially about the stuff that has happened in the last week. One whole freaking week, and it was kinda hellish. Some stuff I just can’t tell, most of the stuff I will tell. Besides, Pablo issued a challenge to me to out-write the previous blog. I don’t know if I could to that tonight (it took me one whole day to write a two-thousand-plus entry…)

I guess the bulk of the week’s story will be censored, which turns out will be around 60% of the whole blog. So with that’s settled…

Let’s just move on to the weekend.

Saturday was a blast. Pablo and I initially wanted to go the campus clinic up in Main Campus, and right after that we plan to go see Giant play handball. We waited at the Jati College outside of Main Campus, and waited for the feeder bus that goes inside the campus periodically. Somehow we underestimated our simple ride…

The feeder bus was supposed to go to the FTMSK line, which means: the bus goes through the FTMSK (Faculty of information technology and quantitative sciences), past the Engineering Faculty, and past a few colleges (colleges here means hostel blocks), past the clinic, past the Seroja College, and out again to Jati College. The main campus is bleeping big, and my description here does not actually reflect the sheer size of the place. The Main Campus is actually Section 1, so it’s big big.

The underestimation here came when we didn’t realize that the bus would be filled to the brim with students who want to go out of campus. Somehow, every time I’m in a bus full of people, I’m reminded of a
stupid accident in UUM. Filled to the brim with people, uh-huh. Anyway, as the bus is full, we realized that we were seated at the back of the bus, basically a veritable wall of human. To add to the insult, the bus did not even stop at the clinic. It just goes by, and we just sat there looking out of the window like two idiots. We even idiotically contemplated not to get off the bus and instead take another pointless bus ride around the campus again, and making us more the idiot.

But alas, idiocy has its limits, and besides, God has other plans for the both of us, being a couple of idiots notwithstanding.

So off we go to the City of Lights, Kay El. But before that, we had to SMS our handball-playing friend that we won’t be at his game. To make the story short, I found out the next day that he wasn’t even at the game, as it was cancelled. *groan*.

What did we do in KL? Like any other idiot KL-ites, we went to catch a movie. What movie? “All about my
dog.” Uh-huh. I don’t do dogs. But then again, Pabs was begging for us to catch it, and I figured it was a good time to see it. I just can’t stand it that we were pushing our luck. We wanted to see the movie earlier, but previous engagements made that impossible. And it was our luck that the movie is still there.

My cover-line was “that movie is boring,” I nonchalantly say as I discreetly wiped my tears away. Oh yeah, I cried. I didn’t expect I’d cry over a simple movie. But cry we did. It was an emotional roller-coaster. Ah, I’m too tired to actually write the review. Ask Pablo next time. She’s a dog person.

After the movie, we went back home.

The next day was another roller-coaster, but of a different sorts. Oh, forgot to tell, Pabs came to Akasia College (just next door to Cemara College) and did the girlie slumber party there, invited by her friends. She still hates Akasia.

The next day both of us went to St. Francis Xavier’s Church in PJ. Initially the plan was for me to sit at the sidelines and just watch the Mass. Things kinda got outta hand and I found myself in the middle of a thousand-strong Catholics knee-deep in mass. Yes, I went to mass. Crazy sial. I couldn’t believe that I was there. Mass! My inner PAS conservative was screaming “this is crazy!” but my UMNO side actually looked at this experience in a positive way and decided to go on with it.

I was a bit apprehensive, and Pablo didn’t help at all. In fact, she even teased that the father would come to me and I had to introduce myself to over a thousand Catholics, when I wanted to be anonymous there. Jeez, Pabs, thanks a bunch.

But it was a good experience nonetheless. It opened my eyes on what is actually happening in Mass, and I also learned a bit about Pablo’s life. Also, I found out that she’s a good singer when she sang the hymns and whatnot. Pabs, you’re a great singer. UiTM Idol 2006, here she comes.

We had to stand up and sit down for a few times. It was a pointless exercise, but it was better than kneeling (I have a bad knee, and I’m really, really apprehensive kneeling down). We sang a few hymns, actually, Pablo did. I just mouthed out some silent nothingness. Still apprehensive. The father talked about God (what else?!) and he’s very updated, talking about pirated dvds and such. Painful, like a needle seared in my chest.

In the end, I found myself in awe over such an event. It might be simple, but I really appreciate the experience. Somehow, it made me appreciate Islam even more. I was so proud being a Malaysian that morning.

During the whole mass, I felt a tingling sensation in my soul. It’s like I’m liberated or something. I felt like I was given wings. My whole body was shaking as we sang and as the father read an excerpt from Isaiah. My soul was experiencing something. I was… I was… I was hungry.

After the mass we went back to Cemara (fondly dubbed Cemar-a by pabs) we had a bite and then we rushed to Main campus, for the Convocation ceremony of Pabs’ homie, Beba.

Oh, have I talked about how I hate convocations so much? I cry every time. Well, The afternoon was Beba’s, and I don’t want to steal her thunder. We celebrated her graduation and we took pictures. And it didn’t help that earlier when we were at Cemara, we were caught in a drizzle, so we kinda looked, and felt like crap. But it was all smiles as Beba makes her way towards us in her robe and mortarboard. Again I did a cover-line. Aih. Damn, I’m too sensitive over this thing.

Oh well, that was the week in review. I apologize for the omissions, but it was too private to be inside the blog. Maybe next time.

11 Comments:

  At Sun Sep 18, 11:04:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

First'd. By request. :P

more spam to come once I'm free of projects. (≧∇≦)

  At Sun Sep 18, 11:49:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

ROFL ROFL

  At Mon Sep 19, 08:38:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

ibanez: How the .hack you drew that???

  At Mon Sep 19, 09:01:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Ore...Sanjou! said...

you.

went.

to.

mass.

ok....surreal...but ok....

  At Wed Sep 21, 02:08:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

@Lase: Muahahhahahahahahaha

  At Wed Sep 21, 10:43:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Aniv.

  At Wed Sep 21, 11:32:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

/glares at ibanez

/evil glare at ibanez

  At Thu Sep 22, 08:55:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw i changed my blog.

Blogspot FUBARed on me

link is in my name

  At Wed Jul 19, 04:07:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://zgswhgwa.com/ypbr/chqt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uzsujomx.com/axac/ccpl.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Wed Jul 19, 04:07:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Wed Jul 19, 04:08:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://zgswhgwa.com/ypbr/chqt.html | http://nzzgfnoj.com/vwdn/keap.html