Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Challengers and challenges

Holy crap, it's almost 4am and I have't slept yet (d'oh). I'm supposed to be out cold, ignoring any movement or sound. I should be blissfully ignoring that bright annoying thing they call the sun come morning. Heck, the typos are even coming in droves now, and i'm getting bored hitting backspace every couple of words.

But I'm wide awake. Why the hell? I could guess this is because of the excess adrenalin caused by challenges.

As always, I don't remember what happened in the morning. But the main challenge came after lunch.

My homie asked me to take a look at his PC. I'm not saying that I'm really good at this, it's just that I learned a lot from hands-on experience during my younger years and that it's just another hobby of mine.

It was late in the afternoon that disaster struck. A routine installation gone awry. I just toughened myself, ready to grab the challenge by the balls. Just as I'm knee deep and enjoying beating the crap out of the chibi-SNAFU, the big mama of SNAFUs came down and handed a swift kick to my preciouss..ouch.

It just so happens that my own PC ain't waking up. I got agitated. Now why the hell is my PC went FUBAR? I dropped everything going on in my homie's PC and diverted my attention to this atrocity. 2-in-1 challenge. Oh great.

And to top it off, I didn't went for the afternoon nap. My energy's dwindling down like some kid at a waterslide in a damned waterpark. i was defeated in both challenges. I got beaten up by two scrawny kids whom I could easily pick up and throw. It was goddamn painful. I was aching all over my body. Lack of energy + energy-taxing challenges = a dead Syaoran.

Thankfully Pheonix Down came-a-calling in the form of food. Home-cooked food. And my favorite beverage. I crawled up to the table and ate my fill. Plus, it was under the insistence of you-know-who. She pushed me up, remotely. She told me to get back my energy and to get some rest.

After my pit-stop, off to the showers to.."ponder". Thankfully, a fresh viewpoint came down on me like a biological/chemical bomb by a stray bird.

I tried it again after Maghrib. Hm, still stuck. The remote-lady cheered me on, believing in me. Thanks, I say.

Another healing salve came from the owner of the PC. We went out for some F&B. For me, it's a breath of fresh air, and a chance to tackle the problem in a theoretical situation. That means formulating and creating scenarios and possible solutions in my head.

Got back from the F&B and proceeded to try tackle the problem again. Amazingly, I solved both the problem almost concurrently. Problem #2 solved which lead the way for problem #1 to be solved. Whoa.

After that, it's off for celebrations. Yeah, if you consider iced skyjuice a reward.

I should be sleeping by midnight, eh? Wrong. I stayed up to tackle yet another challenge. Unfortunately, this one is top-secret. Suffice to say that I had an even worse time untangling all that crap and tying up the loose ends.

When I looked up, it was almost 4am.

Holy crap. Enough la. Although it was fun tackling those challenges head-on, there's gotta be a time to rest. And to be frank, my body's already screaming murder. Hmph.

Oh, before I forgot, Thank You for the remote-lady for cheering me on and believing I could crack that sonuvabitch. I really appreciate your SMSes and your faith to me. Itsumo Arigatou, Hontou wa Arigatou.

Oh great, it's half-past four. :p

12 Comments:

  At Thu Apr 21, 11:01:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Ichiban~!!!

  At Thu Apr 21, 11:01:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Thanks so much to Pablo. *muacks*

  At Thu Apr 21, 05:06:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

O.o didn't sleep? 4.30? wow...really pushing it.

  At Thu Apr 21, 05:11:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

I still remember drinking a jug of tea-o. It was before the exams..in 2003. Didn't sleep for 2 days because of that. Felt my head was as big the world.And a headache that wouldn't die....

  At Fri Apr 22, 01:06:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

The last time I did not sleep was I think a month ago. Slept at 6am, woke up at 9am. What was I doing? Stupid html for a website. +_+ But what can I say? I loved it. LOL.

  At Fri Apr 22, 11:06:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

I don't mind sleeping late. Its the looking like a panda that bothers me. People look at you and go "Ah hah! You didn't sleep last night you naughty girl you...".

  At Fri Apr 22, 11:23:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

Really? Maybe my eyes memang already cacated but there was once where I was awake the whole time (cos chatting with Ross ^^ ) then the next day can go aerobics and all. No one believed when I said I didn't sleep. XD

  At Sat Apr 23, 02:32:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger he who must not be named said...

heh, that's because most people who wear glasses have a panda-like thingie already :P

lase, you wear glasses, still?

  At Sat Aug 05, 01:54:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://rfajkpli.com/etjt/kefa.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dakxsebm.com/sbxn/pmth.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Sat Aug 05, 01:54:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Sat Aug 05, 01:54:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://rfajkpli.com/etjt/kefa.html | http://lrbchkpi.com/omzy/bqdq.html