Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Nameless faces/Faceless names



Looking at Ross' blog entry which he cleans up his Y!M friends list, I am insipired to do so too. His logic is right, why have lots of names when there's none chatting to you? 5000 is a big number tho. Hope he's just joking. But if he really did have 5000... O_o;;

So I did the same too. Well, not to the extent of deleting the names, I just put it on different categories. I don't have 5000 names like him, which gives him justification to delete. Then again, deleting the names seems more humane than compartmentalize it and forget it. Damn, I'm cruel.

Again, Ross speaks the truth. Why have names, if they don't chat with you? Looking at my own list, I have 16 names that I don't think I'll ever chat with. Hell, and that was before the clean-up I did just now. Even the category name was changed to a more friendlier version (which alludes that it was a harsh name last time). And frankly, the numbers has more than doubled.

But that's what the Nameless Faces are there for. Namelists of people I barely click to chat anymore. People who I used to know in my younger days, who have lost contact with me. Some I have forgotten already, some I don't even care, but most I can't forget about. And why the hell do I still keep it instead of deleting it? Maybe for the fact that I do want to contact them. (and when the hell is that? Your wedding? You're an idealist, brotha. *shakes head*)

As for the importante people, they're the people I care about. Ironically, they're never online most of the time. Work, school, anything. But when they're online, they will chat with me, and I will chat with them. That's a must.

Sad to say, if we're comparing numbers, Ross has more friends than I? Heh. Granted, this is an ONLINE list. It does not show the true person. Someone once said to me, "friends come and go." (Yes, there's supposed to be more than that, I know.)

Contrary to what I showed here, people who are close to me knows that I value friendship very much. I care for my friends, "peha kiri dicubit, peha kanan terasa" kinda guy. My girl knows this, my best friends know this. And I'm fiercely protective of my friendship. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't cross people, and doesn't like people crossing me.

In other news, I'm going back to SA tomorrow. Haven't bought the bus tix. Gila. At least I'm looking forward to spend my time with my girl, and studying my ass off again.

p.s. It's bleeping hard to work on a screenshot without photoshop installed in the PC...sigh.

[editus rex]
p.p.s. I just found out that I do have photoshop installed, an hour after I posted this. orz. Proceeding to bash head on wall for sheer stupidity.

RLC

4 Comments:

  At Sat Dec 31, 01:59:00 AM GMT+8, Blogger Lase said...

ROFLMAO about the photoshop thing. Oh, sorry for being so evil but.... wahahaha... damn funny lah. :p

(quote)
Sad to say, if we're comparing numbers, Ross has more friends than I? Heh. Granted, this is an ONLINE list. It does not show the true person.
(/quote)
Ehem... trying to make yourself feel better ka? :p

  At Wed Feb 08, 12:31:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O__O no I dont have 5000 friends on the list, I think Yahoo! have some sort of limit on the amount of names (like 150? not sure). I was just exaggerating :p

The numbers mean nothing though. The amount of people that talks to you without any particular purpose does - most of the times :)

  At Thu Jul 27, 03:48:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Thu Jul 27, 03:48:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://wtzvnxnb.com/ixrr/gfae.html | http://ujpelvbp.com/vggn/zfca.html