Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

GREASE is the word (part deux)

(Sigh, can't believe I didn't have enough time to blog yesterday. So today, I spent the first just two hours browsing and surfing. After that, I closed all the unncessary tabs (go FireFox!) and here I am now, undivided! Let's get blogging!)

Wokeh, we return to the story...


So there we were, at the open stage, without any chairs in sight. We were supposed to be on stage at 9pm, and the props people are going haywire. I had to help them blow up balloons, which is a sad sight as I ran out of breath after each puff, compunded by a really pathetic phobias of exploding balloons. Pathetic, innit?


Oh, the maintainance people are a bunch of pricks. No street lights. The only light source was from the stage. The rest of the yard was black. The whole class was pissed at the maintainence crew for the lack of professionalism, but we couldn't stop and talk about it. Time's counting down!

The backstage was bustling with activity. The props people are busy putting the stuff on stage and the cast were given touch-ups. One dude looked like his face was drained of blood. As for me, the usual thing my body would do is sweat. Holy, I was sweating like crazy. The makeup people told me to just dab the towel on my face instead of wiping it, or I would risk ruining the makeup. Ah hell. I looked around, and took the chance to just sit and cool down.

Then, it's showtime!

The whole show was a blur to me (hell yeah. What, you want me to narrate each scenes? I'll upload the program book later for you all to see). When I had to change into something else, I weant backstage and just opened my shirt there. Needless to say, some of the crew had the (mis)fortune to see my body. Whatever. Everybody was tense! All they want was the show to be successful.

Soon, we were at the end of the show. Everybody was glad. Then the final curtain comes down. All the cast and crew went up on the stage to the cheers of the crowd. Euphoria.

The rest of the night was a blur, as if I was taking in booze. If you count the euphoria of a successful show as alcohol, then I was in a drunken stupor. In other words, I'm too malas to dictate anything else.

The next day was an okay affair, but was watered down by the lack of water in the block. Damn. The highlight of this day was that the boys went to the Pengkalan Balak, near Tanjung Bidara and we went for dip. Fun day.

Personally, I think the staging was a huge success. The class really had their hearts into this. Well, also because this staging is 30% of the final marks in TLD092 Languange and Drama class. But whatever it is, the class had a fun time doing it. The smiles all around after the show was worth the 30%.

Of course lah, during the production time, from the conception of the idea of GREASE to the the final rehearsal, there were full of bickering and howling. I for one, try to avoid these bickering. I'd rather stay at the sidelines just watching or rather doing my real job in the working committee. Some lecturers brand my class as misfits and rebels. I tried to brush it off, saying it was biased. But when I saw the bickerings and other unprofessionalism stuff the 'mates are doing, I guess those lecturers are speaking the truth. I turned a blind eye because this is my class they're talking about. Don't diss my class. We're misfits, rejects; but we are the best.

Nevermind lah. Ah, I've uploaded three photos: two were from the after show party and one is a sunset off the Pengkalan Balak beach. Point your browser to http://photos.yahoo.com/dickmulder1.

Umm...I guess that's all the updates I've got about GREASE. In the end, I really love the show and the kids were really dedicated in doing their roles. Screencaps from the video will come soon.

Ja ne. My butt's already sleeping.

3 Comments:

  At Mon Sep 18, 01:37:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://zbvbzlou.com/hxxk/nmgp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://onlzvcnv.com/ohan/zpti.html]Cool site[/url]

  At Mon Sep 18, 01:37:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

  At Mon Sep 18, 01:37:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://zbvbzlou.com/hxxk/nmgp.html | http://yfxprfmy.com/cbeq/ryzk.html