Grasshopper Dreams 2.0

Kitties and Cameraphones

I just can't decide on a good opening sentence. How about I dish up some pictures first? That would help.


Jilat and bro

Jilat doin' his thing..

Cute pose from Jilat

Blue contemplating (for the kill?)



Oh, the pics were taken on my brand-spanking new Nokia 6020. I've always been a Nokia guy, no matter what. Yeah, I've heard the word on the streets, and also the recommendations from the people. But in the end, it's still recommendations, I take their words and process it, and in the end, I made an educated decision. Thus, this phone.

[late edit] I could get any other brand. But some phones are too expensive, others are just meh. I loathe the motorola keypads (razr and slvr are prime suspects) Sony-E phones are just damn mahal. Other brands? NO!

I like it. It got camera. (d'oh!) Beside that, nothing else. Nevermind, the camera's the important part. I don't mind it's just VGA, and not megapixel-ish, as long i can snap, i'm happy. I also made my own personalized theme (wallpaper and background, also ringtone and sms tone] using downloaded Nokia apps. The theme? My Sayang, of course.

[it's not spanking new. You had it for almost a week already. :p ]

[I don't see a pic of you yet.]

[happy?]

Thinking back, I could've get a clamshell or a slider. I didn't, because of the usual suspects (budget, but hey, I'm happy), In the end, I just don't like other designs. Clamshells are good looking in a Queer-Eye kinda way, and I have to admit, seeing the clamshells in action in almost all TV shows kinda got me hooked. ["the terrorists are in that building? I'm on it! *shut!*]. And don't get me started on sliders. Then again, what beef do I have against sliders?

It all comes into the mechanical aspect. The hinges of the clamshells might wear off after extended use. I mean, what would your fingers do if they're fingering the phone? You'd snap them open-and-shut. Sliders? About the same excuse too la.

At the end of the day, all things (phones especially) are prone to breakdowns. There's no such thing as that thing will work properly after an extended usage. Things have their shelf life. Everything does. But the actual point is that, we should enjoy the time we have, and not dwell on the future that might/might not be. Enjoy. And in the meantime, take care of it. If you don't, your time will be taken from you. So enjoy, and take care.

Yeesh, a bit philosophical i see? And that's coming from someone who "doesn't have anything to blog about."

[tldr; this is a post at late-night. So it's a sub-par post, imho.]

Oh yeah, National news. Big Whoa on the floods in the south. I've seen the footage of Segamat, but I wonder about other towns. Frankly, I never had an attachment to Johor much. Aside from the fact that Dad comes from Johor, nothing else hooks me. I'm lacking my Johor travels. I've been to JB once (twice, but I don't remember my childhood well). I have been to Segamat a few years back, so I kinda remember the place. That's why when there's a footage of Segamat, i searched for familiar landmarks. No such luck. Oh well.

My prayers are with the families of the flood victims. As Kangar was flooded last year (around this time), we had a tough time. Cleanup's a bitch. Thankfully, the flood wasn't that deep as Segamat's, so I could only imagine what it's like over there.

Replies:

pablo: above is the weekly photo report of my hair. It's getting long. And I'm deathly afraid of the soon-to-be afro phase. Guess now it's a good time to invest in a good Songkok...

Lase: Good singing voice you have. I was kinda terkejut hearing a disembodied voice coming out from the speakers, then I remember you wanted to put your singing. But I think it would be better to put play controls, so you can play/stop at a push of a button. Just a suggestion.

I'm no Paul Moss, so I'll spare the douchebag remarks. You won't win any awards, but you do have a lovely singing voice. Work on it, and we'll negotiate something in the future. ;)

And no, you don't need earplugs. I just have to remind myself to turn down the speakers. Remember kids, sudden voices in the middle of the night + dimly lit room = I soiled myself. So remember to use the volume control, kids!

Final word, you have a lovely singing voice. Totally unexpected.

Sayang: I love you! I miss you! RLC!

1 Comments:

  At Sun Dec 24, 10:26:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger Cherane said...

Why u don't smile? But you look cute anyway!
(actually dah pengsan tengok kitties!!!!!!!) >3<